Sunday, July 30, 2006

Outlaws


I am doing a little research for a story (actually, a series of stories) I want to draw. I know, I know, I always want to do a lot of things at once. Well, admitting the problem is the first step towards recovery, right? I do hope so.
Anyway, it takes place in northeast Brazil, during the first decades of 1900s; it is about a group of outlaws who recruited their own militia and raised against the government (more precisely, the cruel and corrupt police force).
These are some initial sketches of the main character.

2 comments:

Patrick said...

Beautiful sketches!

Megan Wolfe said...

Dude, I know what you mean about wanting to do a bunch of things. ;) I have that problem right now myself.

I really dig the value studies of the militia men. They remind me of Scooby Doo ghosts. Kinda creepy, I half expect to see them crouched in a bush covered in moss or doing something creepy-ish.